the sauce consisted of:
- sour cream and alfredo sauce powder mix (the one product with preservatives!)
- following the cream, a mix of spinach leaves with a good drizzle of E.V. olive oil, Cotija cheese, and some 'fiesta' cheese mix (asadero, quesadilla, colby, and monterrey?), salt and pepper.
- i sautéed fresh onions and garlic...
- added to the above one medium, fresh chopped tomato, roasted red peppers, about a third of a cup of tomato sauce -and yes, *i used a can which i normally try to stay away from, but organic tom. sauce and garbanzo beans were on sale this week! couldn't pass them up, but i still consider it 'processed'. something about the can lining, blah blah blah), dash of pepper, dash of seasoned salt, dash of powdered chicken bouillon, about a tbsp of sugar (the sauce got kinda tangy/bitter, so that took it right off).
- Later I added garbanzo beans (*from a can, see above :P* or 'berries' as Emma called them. her first request was - mommy, can we have pizza with leaves?? YEAH! she could eat a bowl-ful of spinach leaves 0r any other leaves including - but not limited to - clovers, epazote, cilantro, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, you name it; this time, 'we' added 'berries' ;) and she ate them up happily),
- finally, i added [frozen, ugh] shrimp, and lots of finely chopped cilantro along with dashes of lemon-pepper salt. oh, i might have dashed celery salt as well.
- did i mention i sautéed this all in the oil of the bacon i cut into pieces with scissors until crispy, then added all the rest.
wilted the spinach mix a little before adding the sauce...
here's the sauce ready to go!
(why do my food pictures look like bowlfuls of doggie food - to put it lightly?)
added it to the spinach mountain...
and finally added lots of cheese on top!
mmm-mmmmmm! hope you enjoy! :)